Looking through the lens of conformability means looking at what isn't changing, and asking how you can tailor your product/service/technology to conform to that landscape.
What changes slowly?
- Our fundamental needs — food, water, shelter, energy.
- People! Our physiology — hands, feet, head. There's a reason that ancient cuneiform tablets and iPhones have the same form factor.
- Infrastructure tends to change slowly. Roads, once laid down, don't often get moved.
- Cities change slowly. Cities outlive civilizations.
- Clothing. Conventions around pockets, bags, clothes tend to change on the decade timescale.
Thinking about pace layers helps identify the rate of change.