All stories should happen at human scale, because meaning happens at human scale.
- Statistics w/o human stories attached fail to convey meaning.
- All numbers ending in "illion" are functionally equivalent for the purpose of pursuasion.
Design that ignores human scale won't be livable for humans.
- This is one of many critiques leveled at Modernism. People aren't platonic solids. See Brazil's dazzling modernist capital.
- What I love about Frank Lloyd Wright and the Prarie School: the low, horizontal architecture exists at a human scale. It feels livable.
- Most of A Pattern Language is about designing cities for human scale.