All stories should be human scale, because meaning happens at human scale.
- Statistics w/o human stories attached always fail to convey meaning.
- All numbers ending in “illion” are functionally equivalent for the purpose of pursuasion
Design that ignores human scale will always fail.
- This is often the critique leveled at high modernism. People aren’t platonic solids. See Brazil’s dazzling modernist capital.
- What I love about Frank Lloyd Wright: his architecture is always human scale. It feels like you could live in it. Cozy.
- Most of A Pattern Language is about designing cities at human scale.